2020 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity
Are you searching for a three-row SUV with exceptional towing capabilities? Consider the Kia Sorento! Recognized for its excellent value, the Kia Sorento towing capacity can haul up to 5,000 pounds with a V6 and AWD. Learn more about the Kia Sorento tow package and towing capacity with Lou Sobh Kia. Then, explore our extensive Sorento inventory to find the model that suits your needs best in Alpharetta!
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity: Engine Options
To reach the maximum Kia Sorento towing capacity of 5,000 pounds, you’ll need the right elements to make the most of your Sorento! While the Kia Sorento Tow Package provides the trailer hitch you’ll need to tow your boat on your next trip near Dawsonville, choosing the right engine configuration will give you most towing power!
The 2020 Kia Sorento base level begins with a 2.4 liter DOHC 16-valve I-4. Not quite as powerful as the available V6, but it’s certainly more than capable with these engine specs:
- 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque
- Standard Front-Wheel Drive
- Available Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive (Starting on LX)
- Towing Capacity of 2,000 pounds with FWD or AWD
The S V6, EX, and SX models all receive a 3.3 liter DOHC 24-valve V6, offering higher performance:
- 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque
- Standard Front-Wheel Drive
Available Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive
- Towing Capacity of 3,500 pounds with FWD
- Towing Capacity of 5,000 pounds with AWD
Once you’ve decided on the perfect model, engine, and drivetrain for your excursions, contact our parts departmentto order a trailer hitch.
Kia Sorento Tow Package & Features
If you need to tow often around Gainesville, a powerful engine is definitely essential, but it’s not the only thing you should search for in a dependable SUV. Explore some of the highlights of the Kia Sorento Tow Package below:
- Locking Center Differential – If you opt for the Kia Sorento tow package, consider adding the available Locking Center Differential. It “locks” an axle in order to maximize traction, forcing your wheels to rotate at the same speed.
- Torque Vectoring Corner Control – Optimizing the torque which is delivered to each wheel, this feature ensures superior control when you’re towing around a curve. Like the differential, it’s available on all models except for the baseline Sorento L.
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes – While many vehicles offer a combination of disc and drum brakes, the Kia Sorento provides reliable performance by equipping disc brakes to all four wheels.
Thanks to a full suite of advanced safety and driver assistance features, Kia Sorento drivers will have a bevy of features to enjoy in each of the Kia Sorento trim levels:
Standard on All Models
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Brake Assist System
Standard on LX and Up
- Blind Spot Collision Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning
Standard on S V6 and Up
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance-Assist
- Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance
Standard on EX and Up
- Forward Collision Avoidance w/ Pedestrian Detection
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Lane Keeping Assist
Explore the Kia Sorento with Lou Sobh Kia!
Now that you’ve discovered the capabilities of the Kia Sorento towing capacity, explore the Sorento and find the configuration that’s perfect for you! Contact us at Lou Sobh Kia with any questions. Read how the Sorento compares to its competitors and be sure to check out our new vehicle specials!
More from Lou Sobh Kia
Are you searching for a three-row SUV with exceptional towing capabilities? Consider the Kia Sorento! Recognized for its excellent value, the Kia Sorento towing capacity can haul up to 5,000 pounds with a V6 and AWD. Learn more about the Kia Sorento tow package and towing capacity with Lou Sobh Kia. Then, explore our extensive Sorento inventory…
Searching for a Kia SUV? Consider the Kia Sorento! All of the Kia Sorento trim levels offer something to someone. The three-row SUV from Kia provides multiple engine options, either an I4 or V6, for Alpharetta drivers to choose to enhance your daily commute. The five Kia Sorento trim levels can fit a variety…
When Alpharetta drivers compared the 2020 Kia Sportage to the Kia Sorento, the ones who needed more seating preferred the 2020 Kia Sorento. Does the Kia Sorento have 3rd-row seating? Yes, it does, making it a great fit for larger families and drivers who need cargo space. If you’re asking, “What Kia Sorento seats 7?”…