How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
When you come in to buy a new vehicle, most dealerships in Cumming will also offer to buy your old car from you through a buyback program. You can use these savings toward the purchase of a new car, or you can accept the offer and opt for the cash price instead. Normally you get a better offer if you choose to put the money toward the purchase of a new car as opposed to cash. If you’re interested in learning more about how to sell a car at a dealership, what to expect, what documents you need, and other tips, our finance department and sales team has compiled the following information for Buford and Roswell drivers.
What Should I Know About Selling My Car at a Dealership?
There’s a few important things you need to think about before heading to any dealership to sell your car. Have you ever asked questions like, “What documents do I need to sell a car at a dealership?” You’ll find the answers below. Follow these simple guidelines before going to any dealer and attempting to sell your car:
- The value of your car, truck, or SUV can be increased by having it washed, detailed, and having worn out components replaced, such as windshield wipers or floor mats.
- Your vehicle’s value and desirability to dealerships will increase if you keep accurate records of its upkeep, additional features, and extras like key fobs and bike mounts.
- Keep the vehicle’s title in your possession. Selling your car quickly and for the best price is possible if you have the title in hand at the time of sale.
- Find out how much your car is worth on the used car market with the help of Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local car dealership. This is the number the dealer will use to either give you an initial offer on your automobile or to give you an idea of how much they are willing to pay for it. You can also use the trade in valuation tool on the Lou Sobh Kia website.
- Most car lots near Alpharetta will pay you cash for your late-model, gently-used car, regardless of the lot’s current stock or the car’s condition when you bring it in. If your car is an earlier model, dealerships that specialize solely on used cars may be a better option.
- What documents do I need to sell sell a car at a dealership? Plenty of clients have asked us this same question. It’s best to have your maintenance log, a copy of the estimated value, and your physical title.
An Example of Selling Your Car at a Dealership
Following the completion of the necessary preparations to sell your car, the process should unfold like this:
- Walk-ins are generally always accepted. However, if you want to deal with a certain representative or save time, scheduling an appointment first might be in your best interest.
- For the most part, when you enter a car dealership, you’ll be referred to the Used Car Manage or another salesperson. Information provided by you will be used to check the car’s past.
- The Used Car Manager may do a thorough inspection of your vehicle, or they may arrange for a service center technician to do so.
- The dealereship gives you the offer – you can take the cash, take the value toward your next vehicle, or you can ask them to keep the offer on file and you’ll be back after shopping for different offers.
At Lou Sobh Kia, We’ll Give You a Fair Offer for Your Car
You can save money on your next car purchase or get some extra cash by trading it in or selling it. For more information or questions about how to sell your car at a dealership, contact us online or see us in person and request someone from finance.
More from Lou Sobh Kia
The 2023 Kia EV6 range is one of the most compelling electric vehicles on the market today, and it’s not difficult to understand why. It looks incredible, offers plenty of power, and comes equipped with interior features that you’ll enjoy every time you get behind the wheel—but that’s not all. No overview of this crossover’s…
Are you in the market for a new car in Cumming? Are you looking for Kias with 3rd-row seating so you and your family have ample space for all those Buford adventures? But you’re not sure which vehicle is the safest as you’re cruising around Alpharetta? That’s okay! New Vehicle Inventory We’re here to give…
Are you ready for the electric revolution spreading over Georgia and the rest of the country? Indeed, electric vehicles are rapidly becoming more popular, and we have some great Kia EVs here at Lou Sobh Kia, but this new Kia is ready to take the EV revolution a step further with their new 3-row SUV, the 2024…